At the Hiswa 2009 boat show Stentec proudly presented the first official version of Sail Simulator 5. Developed using our new DirectX simulation technology for an extraordinary realistic sailing experience.
Sail Simulator 5/2010 is the Ultimate Sailing Simulation game, with remarkably accurate sailing conditions and techniques as well as astonishingly realistic graphics. The ability to race online against other sailers adds to the realism and excitement of competitive sailing. The pack shot of this much anticipated hard core simulation game can be downloaded via this link.
For sailing select the spectacular Stentec Laser, the spectacular 470, the Dutch Valk National class (6,5m), the YD40 keel yacht or the fast Volvo Open 70 with adjustable canting keel. The fantastic sailing-island Cabrera was selected to become the meeting place for all sailors of the growing Sail Simulator 5 community. Cabrera is situated 10 nmiles south of Menorca in the Mediterranean Sea.
A new addition is the area of Scheveningen, with (amongst others) pier and port. This makes it perfect for coastal sailing, as you may see on the figure to the right. The 470 Worlds will be organized here from the new regatta centre of the 'Watersportverbond' in 2010.
Sail Simulator 5 skippers have full control over the boat even in strong wind and high seas. Trim the sails and tighten the sheets to sail the boat at maximum speed.
Organize multiplayer races with other users through the Internet or local network (LAN). Outside Cabrera and Treasure Island you can play one two already defined racing tracks. Wind and waves can be set before the race.
- Intuitive and flexible control interface
- Stable multiplayer server for long distance races
- Realistic aerodynamics with wind shear and twist
- Realistic wavefield and seaworthiness
- The most realistic and best looking sailing simulation software ever made.
- For sailors and gamers of all ages above 6.
- Learn to sail with several boat types and weather. Ideal for boat trim and regatta training.
- Online Multiplayer sailing and racing with open and organized sessions. Create your own online session with racing courses and weather and compete in popularity with other sessions.
- Compete through an evolutionary session ranking and personal ranking system. Train a race as much possible. Beat strong sailors to become the top ranked sailor in the world.
- Sailing fleet: Laser, 470, Valk, VOR70, Bavaria 36, YD40.
- Sailing areas: Scheveningen, Cabrera, Koh Hong, Treasure Island.
System requirements: System Requirements: OS: Windows XP/Vista/7, CPU: Pentium 2,8 GHz of AMD Athlon 3000+, RAM: 512 MB RAM, Video: 128 MB RAM Dx9 videocard with Shader 3.0, Hard Disk Space: 500 MB, Drive: CD ROM 24x, Sound: DirectX® 9.0 compatible sound card, Other: Speakers, mouse, keyboard